Saturday, February 16, 2008

Top 24 American Idol 7

Do you watch AI? I -since I don’t have cable TV- keep watching them from local TV station, RCTI, which is consists of 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, n the latest one that was aired at the moment, 7th season.

Mostly I didn’t watch them till the final round coz I barely lose interest when my favorites were eliminated. Unless the 2nd season when Ruben Studdard n Clay Aiken met! That’s the ideal final I think…


Nevertheless, I put much hope on this 7th season since the Top 24 looks promising. But the fact that Josiah n Kyle didn’t make it made me quite disappointed… It’s not that I think they’re gonna win the competition, coz their voices are not that great…I just wanna see their performances again at least till the top 24. I agree with Simon, Kyle got something makes people like him. Meanwhile, I feel sorry n relief at the same time to know that Josiah failed... Yes, he’s a crybaby, a little bit cocky, n seems like he’s looking for sympathy. But he’s a very good musician n songwriter!

Check out these links, he wrote them:

To Run (he sang it in the audition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQSCPmk4ruI

One Last Song (When I saw this one, I was like ‘woa, this kid’s raw talent!’)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQX0yhb-kUc


On his myspace, he said he was influenced by some British bands, like Radiohead, U2, n Coldplay. No wonder he sings with British accent. And in the Hollywood week, he sang Mika's ‘Grace Kelly'. I simply loved that!

However I believe AI is not a right place for him. AI looks for a good singer, not a musician. Also, he wasn’t ready for this. He just couldn’t take the pressure that he cried easily. It’s really annoying for some people. Moreover, I’m not sure he can freely write his own song if he wins AI. I hope he can grow up, be mature, n at the right time he’ll sign a contract with a right major label. Waiting for your other song, Josiah!


Now, let’s take a look at the Top 24

(for larger images, see http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/02/13/)


The Top 12 Girls


Row 1:
Alaina Whitaker, 16. Hometown: Tulsa, OK
Alexandrea “Alex” Lushington, 17. Hometown: Douglasville, GA
Amanda L. Overmyer, 23. Hometown: Mulberry, IN
Amy Davis, 25. Hometown: Lowell, IN
Asiah Epperson, 19. Hometown: Joplin, MO
Brooke White, 24. Hometown: Mesa, AZ


Row 2:
Carly Smithson, 24. Hometown: San Diego, CA
Joanne Borgella, 25. Hometown: Hoboken, NJ
Kady Malloy, 18. Hometown: Houston, TX
Kristy Lee Cook, 24. Hometown: Selma, OR
Ramiele Malubay, 20. Hometown: Miramar, FL
Syesha Mercado, 21. Hometown: Sarasota, FL <-- she’s a Filipino


The Top 12 Guys


Row 1:
Chikezie Eze, 22. Hometown: Inglewood, CA
Colton Berry, 17. Hometown: Staunton, VA
Danny Noriega, 18. Hometown: Azuza, CA <-- also Filipino

David Archuleta, 17. Hometown: Murray, UT
David Cook, 25. Hometown: Blue Spings, MO
David Hernandez, 24. Hometown: Glendale, AZ


Row 2:
Garrett Haley, 17. Hometown: Elida, OH
Jason Castro, 20. Hometown: Rockwall, TX
Jason Yeager, 28. Hometown: Grand Prairie, TX
Luke Menard, 29. Hometown: Crawfordsville, IN
Michael Johns, 29. Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Robbie Carrico, 26. Hometown: Melbourne, FL


By far, my favorites are :

- Asiah Epperson

- Carly Smithson

- Joanne Borgella (smooth voice)

- Ramiele Malubay (cute and Asian!)

- Danny Noriega (coz he’s familiar… haha)

- David Archuleta (so young, but I love his tone :D)

- David Hernandez

- Michael Johns (seems like everyone’s favorite)

I’m sure the list will change as soon as I watch the top 24 performances


Err…by the way, who are Garrett Haley, Jason Castro, and Luke Menard? No one even heard them until the final decision day...

No comments:

Post a Comment